Login | Register

RoboZZle Forums

Forums / Puzzles / Delayed Reflection

Thread for puzzle Delayed Reflection. Hints are OK, but please no full solutions.

softa, my jaw just hit the floor. I am thoroughly impressed!

jnpollack, 5 months ago.

The +1 pop-length helped me to optimize the solution length. I used the main function for all the turning.

softa, 5 months ago.

scorpio, I have 2 questions for you:

1. Why would it be better if they were the same length?
2. Can you provide any hints on how you obtained 18-command solutions on either this puzzle, #66, #10551, or #10326?

I don't expect you to give away all your secrets, but any pointers are greatly appreciated. Of course, I'm happy to return the favor for any puzzles where my solution is shorter! I know, I know... it's probably strange for the #1 player to ask someone else for hints, but I can't offer any more free pancakes!

jnpollack, 5 months ago.

I meant "It would be better..."

scorpio, 5 months ago.

I would be better if green and blue column have identical length (not blue=green+1).

scorpio, 5 months ago.

***** Good the trick is located at col#9 it should be popped first and re pushed . the hint in the cooment is useful

drmazhar's comment after solving the puzzle, 6 months ago.

I submitted this puzzle with a 22-command solution. As it turns out, F5 isn't needed. The trick is to use the same stack on the way down that you use on the way up. This is made possible by the fact that the tiles on the top are green, and the ones at the bottom are red, allowing for conditional function calls.

jnpollack, 6 months ago.

Previous page (1 / 1) Next page

©2009 Igor Ostrovsky and other contributors. Terms of use