Login | Register

RoboZZle Forums

Forums / Puzzles / Sorting V

Thread for puzzle Sorting V. Hints are OK, but please no full solutions.

As I suspected, you can solve this puzzle in five functions using only blue paint.

I submitted a puzzle (4617), such that also you qinn have something to do during vacation or whenever you get bored.

edsaw, 64 months ago.

Given one more function, this puzzle would be quite simple and only require blue paint. I used red paint for the sole purpose of being able to share a function to make the puzzle solvable with five functions.

I suspect that is the case for all solutions, since really there is no logical reason to use red paint otherwise. All you really need to do is "erase" the visited columns using blue.

Very nice puzzle overall.

edsaw, 64 months ago.

@smylic: I'm glad you liked it!
To make sure you (and shaggy12) dont get too bored, I just made another one :) Hope you enjoy that as well.

qinn, 65 months ago.

And finally I've solved it! For a cost of two commands I've removed some rotations.

Extremely nice puzzle! Several times it seemed that I'm close to the solution, but really I still was far:) Even after making important notice I had to find some technical twists, including the last one of reducing number of moves. It was really interesting to solve.

By the way finally I have only one reused function. Or even not reused, just inlined one to another:)

smylic, 67 months ago.

Oh, after many tries I've got solution, but... it needs 35 moves more.

smylic, 67 months ago.

@shaggy12: Yes, thats exactly what it does :)
My solution has some function reuse, but it is not very complicated/ugly. I think the hard part is to find the right functions needed for the solution.

qinn, 73 months ago.

At least one sorting puzzle for which I have a clear idea (I do not say it is the right idea).
Though, I need one or two more functions to implement the solution.

@qinn: Does your solution find first the minimal element, then "prints" it on the green side, goes back and marks it as used and returns to the start position to repeat?

shaggy12, 73 months ago.

At least one sorting puzzle for which I have a clear idea (I do not say it is the right idea).
Though, I need one or two more functions to implement the solution.

@qinn: Does your solution finds first the minimal element, then "prints" it on the green side, goes back and marks it as used and returns to the start position to repeat?

shaggy12, 73 months ago.

Previous page (1 / 1) Next page

©2009 Igor Ostrovsky and other contributors. Terms of use